Human Resources Related Topics - Articles By Robert Bacal
Human Resource professionals play complex and often difficult roles in the fabric of organizations, often asked to do a great deal without line authority. A lot of very tough tasks get "delegated" to HR professionals who are often already overwhelmed. In this section you'll find articles on HR relevant topics.
- Avoiding The Black Hole Of Employee Suggestion Programs Here are seven things that completely destroy the effectiveness of employee suggestion programs. Sidestep these pitfalls to get your employees involved.
- A Quick Guide To Employee Orientation For HR Staff And Managers Often orienting new employees is given low priority, but you'll find that the best companies in terms of success pay special attention to how they get their new hires up to speed and "with" the organizational culture. An article for both HR professionals and managers, both of whom should be involved
- Abuse Of Internet Access At Work - How To Address It Who would have thought that this topic would re-emerge as even more important in the 2010's now that social media is so popular.
- The Role of Human Resources Departments? Is there an ideal role for HR departments? Maybe, maybe not, but Robert Bacal shares his perceptions of what works.
- Why Do You Believe In Things That Aren't True: Employee Engagement, MBTI, Learning Styles
These three things have many things in common that convince people to believe even if there is actually little evidence to support their usefulness.